That Was Fast

Morning coffee?


During this pandemic everything has just taken longer. Not just my opinion. I really thought I would be further along on this by this time. But I have also been totally surprised by what I have achieved without a whole construction crew. 

Winter isn't exactly over yet. We are in what us locals term Mud and Flood season. Most locals left this weekend on what is the traditional month long vacation. Our part time home owners do not reappear in the migration cycle until first week of May. But friends with short term rental properties have urged me to get my new rental listed because of how far ahead people book. I have a friend coming a few of the last days in April then I imagined I had a month or two to refine and finish things up.

I posted my listing on VRBO the third week of March. Black Lake Artists' Retreat was a reality. But on so many levels it was still my doll house. A representative of VRBO called yesterday to praise me on my listing. And especially applaud my amenities and photographs; the completeness of my new listing. I felt touched because at times I feel overwhelmed by what remains to be done and how little I know about this process. An hour later I found out why the call. I had just secured my first booking. A whole month!

Surely all the list of things I wanted to have done before listing will be done by then. The photographer in me wants to redo every photo. I am currently buffing and fluffing the bedrooms. Then my sister questioned the backyard. There is still a three foot high snow drift. I see it as a place for the welcome dogs which travel with their owners. Fortunately I can do nothing until the snow melts. I am dancing as fast as I can.

The VRBO official welcome call raised the question of why I have the three months of winter blocked out. Would I be willing to change my mind about that? I envisioned this as a place for artists and photographers and not skiers. Maybe because I no longer can ski. And the scenery inspires me constantly.


The Sangre de Cristos from Black Lake




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And So We Begin

It Isn't Done till the Fat Lady Sings

Open