Open

Bedroom One

 

As of April first Charley's Hideaway was officially open. But not totally complete as I am still waiting for the washer and dryer to be delivered. That, as regular fans of my blogs are aware, has been a debacle of a whole other level. And if all now goes well I should have a new Whirlpool set in place on April 22, 2021. Meanwhile it has given me more buff and fluff time. I never really considered April, the beginning of the first mud and flood season, to be very popular. So I was very surprised and somewhat panicked, when I received a query for three days this weekend.

I, at one time, wanted to be an architect but in the era when I entered University of New Mexico that was considered an unavailable degree for women. I was urged instead to go into interior design or home decorating. The emphasis on my own home while producing children to mess it up. I do enjoy remodeling and redecorating. But as my mother used to pronounce, "nothing is ever done with you." There is always something I can rearrange even if it is just the paintings on the wall of my studio.

At the VRBO the beds are made, blinds up, the black out curtains hung, and any guest should be very comfortable. But if there isn't an immediate booking I am using the time to change the color of the sheets, paint the closet doors, and touch up a few spots where I missed applying stain to the vintage dining table. Last night I went through my books on New Mexico, the Colorado Plateau, and the mountain west to place on night tables or bottom shelf of the coffee table for visitors to peruse.

Yesterday I rearranged furniture in bedroom two. Today I am changing the sheets on the bunk bed, and storing extra blankets in the closet. Still looking for other appointments in that room. And it has no paintings on the walls. 


Bedroom #2 sleeps three


And today it dawned on me I need little trash cans in the two rooms and a new one in the kitchen because I rather messed up the one that was there with paint rags.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And So We Begin

It Isn't Done till the Fat Lady Sings